Dan RabinovitzShareholder Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3429
- Union College, B.A., 1987
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1990
Dan Rabinovitz co-manages the firm’s Litigation Department. He is a trial lawyer with 30 years of experience and began his career prosecuting violent crime with the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office in Chicago, Illinois. He has handled a wide variety of civil and criminal matters, representing corporations and individuals and he has tried hundreds of cases, including numerous civil and criminal jury trials in state and federal courts.
Currently, his practice focuses on white-collar criminal defense, complex business litigation and securities litigation, including representing individuals and companies in investigations by both State and Federal regulators. His practice also includes the defense of criminal matters brought in state courts.
Dan has taught trial advocacy to lawyers on behalf of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (“NITA”) for more than 20 years and he has been a Program Director for NITA’s Boston Trial Program for 10 years.
- Successfully defended Department of Justice allegations made against a medical practice alleging violations of the False Claims and Anti-Kickback statutes, by convincing the government not to file claims against the practice, or individual members of the practice.
- Obtained a sizable award (including attorney’s fees) based on claims for Gender Discrimination and Retaliation, through a 7 day Arbitration proceeding against a global multi-billion dollar financial services firm and one of its senior managers.
- Represented an owner of the New England Compounding Pharmacy Inc. charged by the Department of Justice with conspiracy to impede the governmental functions of the FDA, including trying a multi defendant, two month long jury trial.
- Successfully defended a multi-million dollar company in Multi District Litigation arising out of the fungal meningitis outbreak of 2012.
- Successfully represented numerous brokerage firms and financial advisors in a wide range of litigation, including, but not limited to, Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission investigations, numerous state securities regulatory agency investigations, various types of civil litigation, and FINRA Arbitrations, defending against customer complaints and/or employment matters.
- Successfully defended a financial institution in a multi-million dollar breach of contract class-action alleging improper charging of annual fees.
- Successfully represented multiple employees of an optical technology company with respect to a Department of Justice investigation into potential violations of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Represented numerous corporations and individuals in various anti-competition/restrictive employment covenant litigation.
- Successfully represented numerous financial advisors in various federal and state investigations into alleged illegal market timing activities (2003)
- Successfully represented numerous financial advisors regarding the Department of Justice’s investigation of improper gifts and gratuities (2006)